Thank you for visiting our site at Taplocalmarketing.com and our related sites (“TAPLOCAL Sites”) and/or engaging Transactions and Promotion, Inc. (“TAPLOCAL”) to provide certain services to you (“TAPLOCAL Services”). Use and access of the TAPLOCAL Sites and the TAPLOCAL Services is subject to the terms of our Consumer User License Agreement, Merchant User License Agreement (whichever is applicable to you) and the following terms (collectively, “Terms of Service”).
1. General Your privacy is important to us and we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personal information you submit at the TAPLOCAL Sites or otherwise provide to TAPLOCAL.
If you are visiting the TAPLOCAL Sites from outside the United States, please be advised that your personal data will be processed by TAPLOCAL in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may differ from similar regulations in other countries. By using the TAPLOCAL Sites, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country if you are located outside of the United States. Additionally, by using the TAPLOCAL Sites and providing TAPLOCAL with contact information, you expressly consent to TAPLOCAL using your contact information to contact you electronically, in writing, by cell phone, email, MMS or SMS or otherwise to provide notices relating to your use of the TAPLOCAL Sites and to give you information about the products and services offered by TAPLOCAL and its affiliates. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you may reply to any message from TAPLOCAL with the word “STOP” or by otherwise following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of each communications from us or by visiting the TAPLOCAL Sites and following the unsubscribe instructions found there.
2. Personally-Identifiable Information In order to purchase products or services from TAPLOCAL, we require that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information (please see our Terms of Service for additional details at http://www.TAPLocaltextmarketing.com/legal). TAPLOCAL Sites. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected by TAPLOCAL include, without limitation: name, address, e-mail address, cell phone number and MSISDN (mobile station integrated services digital network number), credit card and billing information, download history, texts, messages, customer generated content and/or information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services. TAPLOCAL will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
We also use third party service providers such as an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. We use Live Chat to assist you if you have questions while using our site or regarding our service. When you sign up for our services, we will share your personal information as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
In addition, we may collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information collected about you in the following instances:
A. Legal Action: We may disclose information about our users, including personally identifiable information; (i) when requested by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (ii) if required to do so by subpoena, court order or legal process; (iii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our TAPLOCAL Sites and applicable laws; or (iv) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our TAPLOCAL Sites. We also may disclose user information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability; to protect or defend our rights or property; or protect the safety, rights, or property of our users.
B. Change in Control: We may sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose user information, including personally identifiable information, to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all assets, or other corporate change respecting TAPLOCAL, the TAPLOCAL Sites and/or the TAPLOCAL Service.
C. Affiliated Entities: We may provide your personally identified information to affiliated entities that provide services to TAPLOCAL. By way of example and not limitation, TAPLOCAL may provide personally identifiable information to a collection agency in order to collect money due to TAPLOCAL for goods or services provided. By providing your cell phone number, home phone number, fax number or email address, you expressly consent to be contacted by TAPLOCAL affiliated entities at the contact information provided. Such contact may be by use of an auto-dialer or a prerecorded message.
3. Access to Personal Information If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update, delete or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at: Support@TAPLocalmarketing.com.
We will make every effort to ensure that personally identifiable information is accurate and complete. If you believe that any personally identifiable information about you is not accurate you may request that the inaccurate information be corrected by emailing our Customer Support at Support@taplocalmarketing.com. We may require proof that you are the person to whom the personally identifiable information applies before making any corrections. Upon request to our Customer Support, we will also inform you how we use your personal information and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4. Cookies To enhance your experience with the Website, we use “cookies” on our TAPLOCAL Sites. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering with TAPLOCAL. However, once you become a customer and furnish TAPLOCAL with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
6. Testimonials We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request to have your testimonial removed you may contact us at Support@taplocalmarketing.com.
8. Links to Other Websites The TAPLOCAL Sites may contain links to third party websites, whose information practices may be different than TAPLOCAL’s. Visitors should consult such third-party sites’ privacy notices as TAPLOCAL does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. TAPLOCAL does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by TAPLOCAL of the contents on such third-party websites. TAPLOCAL cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website, since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
TAPLOCAL is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. TAPLOCAL has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at you own risk. TAPLOCAL strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
9. Data Security Policy The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with visitors to the TAPLOCAL Sites—as well as TAPLOCAL customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages, credit card information, and addresses, and other account data—is of utmost concern to TAPLOCAL, and we have implemented, and periodically review, certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security. Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and TAPLOCAL will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Visitors of the TAPLOCAL Sites and TAPLOCAL customers use the TAPLOCAL Sites at their own risk.