As a business, it’s vital to be on potential customers’ radar when they’re considering making a purchase. For this reason many marketing experts have been touting the importance of developing a mobile strategy for the past few years. While this can seem intimidating for local businesses to implement, it doesn’t always require a massive commitment, such as developing an app. SMS marketing is a great entry point for businesses looking to diversify their messaging and conveniently access their customer base through their preferred method.
Here are my top SMS marketing statistics to back up such claims. These numbers show that SMS can be an effective marketing channel that you should consider adding into your overall marketing and communications strategy.
1. 75% of cellular phones worldwide are SMS-enabled. Experts also expect that this trend will continue to rise to 90% within this decade. Therefore, businesses are encouraged to build their own SMS marketing campaigns to take advantage of this growth.
2. Americans have developed a habit of using texting apps on a cell at least once a day, making it one of the widely used apps.
3. Based on research done by eMarketer, cell phone users prefer to book reservations (31%), set appointments (32%), and check order status (38%) via text messaging.
4. In 2017, SMS marketing tools and techniques contributed 40% of revenue growth to marketers, according to BIA/Kelsey.
5. Push messages and geotagging are considered to be a valuable SMS feature, according to 70% of consumers.
8. 50% of consumers respond well to business SMS like QR codes and discount coupons, so well that they make direct purchases after receiving those text promos.
9. The redemption rates of mobile coupons, especially when sent via SMS, are 10X higher than printed coupons. Mobile coupon redemption can also keep consumers engaged, and thus, can increase consumer retention.
10. 90% of consumers who opted to receive promos and alerts via SMS benefited greatly from joining such programs, according to Hipcricket.
These are the top SMS marketing statistics you need to know. The exponential growth of smartphones over the years have definitely made text messaging the most prevalent mobile activities people do.
TAPLocal gives you the ability to reach out to your customers directly using the TAPText system. Consider running TAPText SMS along with your other marketing methods to drive business growth and profit.